2009/03/13

Today I Ioved it...

Life is a roller-coaster...

After a rather disappointing start of the week and my clinical placement period I finally had a really, really good day!
Me and C had a whole day together with the breast nurse at the hospitals breast surgery. The nurse was amazing with the patients...And the doctor as well.

I got the chance twice to be in the room (after the patients permission of course) when the doctor gave the woman her breast cancer diagnosis.
It was very valuable for me as a student to participate as an observer in this meeting between the doctor and the patient but it was also very physically challenging. It's hard not to get too emotional when the patient does.

I also participated in meetings between the nurse and patients after breast surgery/breast removal.
The most emotional moment was when a woman for the first time after the breast removal looked in the mirror together with the nurse.
Both me and C had a hard time keeping our tears away. But the nurse was so great at this moment and I'm so glad I got the chance to experience it.

...early night tonight, I'm exhausted!

Inga kommentarer: